Kiwi.com is an online travel agency with groundbreaking virtual interlining technology which truly connects the unconnected. Their unique combination algorithm allows customers to combine flights from non-cooperating airlines onto a single itinerary. Nowadays Kiwi.com searches and sells not only airline tickets but also transport by train, bus etc.
Kiwi.com belongs to an amazing group of the fastest growing companies in the world. In 2017 it placed first in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 ranking in Central Europe.
I joined Kiwi.com with a clear mission to build a world-class experience design (XD)team able to disrupt the industry and help the company fulfil it’s purpose – making travelling simple and accessible to everyone. My agenda included:
- scaling the team of UX designers, UX researchers, copywriters and localisation specialists
- leading and motivating the team to deliver better
- constantly demonstrating what leadership of creative teams means
- establishing and tuning Kiwi.com context optimised design process
- making necessary steps towards deep understanding Kiwi.com customers (customer segmentation and customer mapping) and lead the research activities
- lead key design projects
- delivering both design and experience strategies for all platforms
- delivery of a framework for measuring UX and overall success of features
- educating, coaching and mentoring team members
- delivering groundwork enabling Kiwi.com to provide experience team members with an appealing career path (team role levels framework, development plans and other and more)
- addressing complex problems with service design approach
- advocating customers/users in all discussion and key decisions
- promoting meaningful innovation practice
- establishing design culture in the Kiwi.com product team
- introduction of Design Thinking as a mindset for tackling complex problems in the organisation
I believe I set a sustainable direction for experience design in Kiwi.com. I continue helping to steer the strategy and enable the Kiwi.com XD team deliver better by coaching and mentoring new leaders in the team, designers and researchers.